What we do
We Fund, Oversee and Coordinate Road Maintenance, Rehabilitation and Development through Optimal Utilization of resources for a sustainable Road Network.
- Co-ordinate the optimal utilization of the Fund in implementation of programs relating to the maintenance, rehabilitation and development of the road network;
- Seek to achieve optimal efficiency and cost effectiveness in road works funded by the Fund;
- Manage the fund;
- Based on five-year road investment program approved by the Cabinet Secretary and the Cabinet Secretary for Finance, determine the allocation of financial resources from any other source available to the Board required by road agencies for the maintenance, rehabilitation and development of the road network to ensure that the allocation of funds is pegged to specific categories of roads.
- Monitor and evaluate, by means of technical, financial and performance audits, the delivery of goods, works and services funded by the Fund;
- Recommend to the Cabinet Secretary appropriate levels of road user charges, fines, penalties, levies or any sums required to be collected under the Road Maintenance Levy Fund Act, 1993 and paid into the Fund;
- Recommend to the Cabinet Secretary such periodic reviews of the fuel levy as are necessary for the purposes of the Fund;
- Identify, quantify and recommend to the Cabinet Secretary such other potential sources of revenue as may be available to the Fund for the development, rehabilitation and maintenance of roads.