Kenya Roads Board (KRB) is a statutory body established under the Kenya Roads Board Act No. 7 of 1999 to oversee the road network in Kenya and coordinate the maintenance, rehabilitation and development funded by Road Maintenance and Levy Fund and to advise the Cabinet Secretary on all matters related thereto.
KRB is looking for an experienced Corporate Strategy and Planning Manager, who will work directly under the Executive Director. He or she will also work closely with the Senior Management team. The Manager Corporate Planning & Strategy will be responsible for the Corporate strategic planning as well as ensure that reports and metrics align with the organizational goals, mission and vision.
- Evaluate new business models and corporate relationships
- Plan and develop the corporate long-term strategy in order to materialize the Company’s vision and objectives
- Coordinate the development of the Company’s business plan and performance contracts in line with the corporate strategy
- Work together with the Finance department to ensure compliance with corporate budgetary requirements and guidelines
- Lead the coordination and implementation of key stakeholder engagement initiatives with a view of aligning the developed business plans with the stakeholders’ needs
- Provide the management and Board of Directors with useful information and reports that will guide the decision making process of the organization.
- Together with the Finance department, negotiate complex business models, partnerships, transactions, and other commercial agreements
- Identify and target attainable opportunities in the market
- Clearly define company goals and long-term strategy
- Track the implementation of the KRB Business Plan /Performance Contract and report on the same
- Utilize skills in project management to lead large teams in change processes
- Develop methods for motivating and inspiring stakeholders
- Leverage professional networks to attain critical resources
- A degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- A Postgraduate degree in Business and/or Strategic Planning is desirable
- Experience in strategic planning and business analytics
- Must have not less than 8 years’ experience in Planning and Corporate Strategy
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate teams
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of The Constitution
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles asoutlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya
Successful applicants will serve on permanent and pensionable terms and on a contributory pension. A competitive remuneration package will be offered.
Kenya Roads Board is an equal opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit through fair and open competition from the widest range of eligible candidates.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Applications together with Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephonecontacts, email address and copies of certificates and testimonials should beclearly marked with the reference number and addressed to the address below:
The Executive Director
Kenya Roads Board P.O. Box 73718-00200 NAIROBI
3rd Floor, Kenya Re Towers, Upper hill
Canvasing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.